The University of Technology Sydney - Factsheet University of Technology Sydney
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) offers international, innovative and industry relevant education in the heart of the global city of Sydney
UTS is Australia's number one young university, ranked 1st in Australia and 14th globally in the QS Top 50 Under 50 2016, and 1st in Australia and 21st globally in the Top 100 Universities Under 50 by Times Higher Education (THE) 2016.
At UTS, students place their knowledge in a real-world context, through major projects, extensive group-work and real-life case studies. More than 150 companies partner with UTS to provide resources, expertise and work placement opportunities.
UTS is located within easy walking distance of Central Station and the Sydney CBD, and the campus is surrounded by places to shop, eat, socialise and relax.
UTS offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses, research and study abroad programs across the following study areas:
- Analytics and Data Science
- Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Design, Architecture and Building
- Health (Graduate Entry Masters - GEM)
- Information Technology
- International Studies
- Practice-based learning: Our students are equipped with as much hands-on experience as possible, making them attractive to prospective employers.
- World-class facilities: The Dr Chau Chak Wing Building is Australia's only Frank Gehry-designed building and provides teaching, learning and research spaces for the UTS Business school. Our Engineering and IT Building features an advanced 3D Data Arena, Software Development Studio and many other specialist laboratories. Our Science and Graduate School of Health Building includes one of the first multi-disciplinary Super Labs in the world, as well as teaching spaces for the Graduate School of Health.
- Connections with industry: UTS partners with leading organisations that recognise the value of creativity and technology in driving business results. Our connections with industry and wide networks will help you develop valuable skills, knowledge and make contacts to boost your career opportunities.
- Comprehensive support services: UTS provides many support services for international students, many of which are free. Our services include academic and English language support, careers counselling, health and housing services, clubs and peer network programs.
- UTS: INSEARCH diplomas provide guaranteed entry into the second year of a corresponding UTS degree (subject to successful completion with no more than two subject failures). UTS: INSEARCH also offers leading Academic English Programs as well as UTS Foundation Studies.